Debug UE4 build on Magic Leap device
Debug your app
This deploys and launches the debuggable app to your device and attaches it to the gdbserver.
- Open your project in UE4.
- On the File menu, click Open Visual Studio.
- Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable.
- In the Solution window, right-click on the game project file, and then select Set as Startup Project.
- In the top menu, set the configuration to Development and the platform to Lumin. The Magic Leap Debugger is selected by default if the extension is installed correctly.
- Do not select Development Editor. This is not comparable to Development.
- Development includes debug symbols. See UE4’s Build Configuration Reference for more details.
- Use DebugGame if Development does not provide sufficient information.
- Start Debugging.
The default breakpoint is at main(). Once the debugger hits main(), the LaunchLumin.cpp file opens. Set breakpoints and inspect variables, memory, or threads as usual through Visual Studio.
Tip: To view debugger options, right-click on the project file, and then select Properties > Debugging, and select Magic Leap Debugger.